In my feedback with my group it helped me understand what my aims were and it gave them a better sense of knowledge and clarification on what I was aiming to do. Together we pin pointed the focus of my article. My focus was about time and how it is running out for planet Earth, but us humans now have the chance to slow that process of global warming down.
I couldn’t decide on a fixed target audience because I feel this article should be read by people old enough to understand the concepts, and the effects climate change is having on us.
We then went over my working methods and we all decided that we preferred our own ways of working and try to stay away from forcing out ideas,rather than letting come naturally, which is why I stuck to my sketch book for creating ideas. After I sketched some loose spread layouts I went to the computer to get designing. The reason I said they were loose sketches is because they were just supposed to be used as visual stimuli.
We then moved onto my first few mock ups and creations and the group decided that my visual metaphors were good in the sense that they helped entice people into the narrative, and also helped with the dynamic layout. One thing that cropped up was the quality of the images when printed off on a larger scale. So I got some tips and will increase the dpi on Photoshop.
They also said there was a strong hierarchy which gave the whole spread a nice flow and was easy to follow.
Finally onto paper choice, they thought with the whole global warming theme, the use of recycled paper would fit the theme rather well.